Hey, thanks for arriving on this page. I just thought it will be useful to put up some information on how to apply for NSFAS. If you love this piece of information, please use the share buttons on this post to share it on Facebook and other social networks. This information is important for a lot of people.
Note that this information was extracted from NSFAS website. Read more below. You can also Download this information by clicking here.
Who may apply for financial aid?
• South African citizens.
• Please read these notes carefully before completing the application form. Make sure that you read every section and that the information you provide is accurate.
• You must write your identity (ID) number in the top right hand corner of every page of the application form and on every page of all supporting documents.
• Application forms submitted without ALL supporting documents will not be processed by NSFAS.
• NSFAS will process only the first application that we receive. Please do not submit more than one application unless NSFAS requests you to do so.
• NSFAS requires either a cell phone number or email address in order to communicate with you during the application process. If you do not already have an email address, you can create a free email account on Google at www.gmail.com, or on Yahoo at http://www.yahoo.com or any other free email service.
• If your application is successful, NSFAS will use the cell phone number which you write on the application form to pay some of your student allowances by cell phone voucher.
• If you do not already have a bank account, please open a bank account at any bank such as Postbank, ABSA, Capitec, FNB, Standard Bank, Nedbank or others. Some student allowances will be paid into your bank account.
Annual, First Semester First Trimester Registrations
• The closing date for submitting applications and all completed supporting documents for students who are already studying at a university or FET college, but who are applying for NSFAS financial aid for the first time, is
15 December for the following academic year.
• The closing date for learners to submit applications with all completed supporting documents is 10 January of the academic year for which they are registering.
Second Semester Registration
• For new applicants who want to apply for financial aid before the second semester registration, the closing date for submitting applications
Second Trimester And Third Trimester Registrations
• The closing date for applications and supporting documents for new applicants for financial aid second trimester registrations are 31 March and for third trimester registrations are 31 July.
How to Submit Your Applications
Please send your application form and all supporting documents to NSFAS in any one of the following ways:
1. Hand in your completed application form and supporting documents to the Financial Aid Office (FAO) at your university or FET college.
2. Scan or email your completed application form and supporting documents to NSFAS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Fax your completed application and supporting documents to NSFAS on 086 644 2822.
4. Post your completed application form and supporting documents to NSFAS, Private Bag X4, Plumstead, Western Cape, 7801.
Please Note: You must write your identity (ID) number in the top right-hand corner of every page of
the application form and on every page of all of your supporting documents. NSFAS will not be able to process applications without an identity number.
If you require assistance in completing your application form, please contact:
• The NSFAS Contact Centre on 0860 067 327, or
• The Financial Aid Office at the university or FET college where you wish to study.
• If you have a disability, you must complete Annexures
A and Annexure B and submit them with your application form.
• You must provide proof of your disability and a quotation for assistive devices as supporting documents with the application form. Funding for assistive devices follows the same approval process as for financial aid.
• If you are successful in your application for financial aid and you have received notice of the final approval amount from NSFAS, you may arrange to purchase your assistive device through the student disability unit at the university or FET college where you are going to study. The university or FET college can purchase the assistive device on your behalf.
• Please contact NSFAS on 0860 067 327 or visit your university student disability unit to get information about providers of assistive devices.
Win R1500 Shopping Voucher
Win Free Voucher Online
If you found this on Facebook, help others to find it, SHARE this on FACEBOOK. Thanking You Now.